Friday, July 4, 2008

Injured mother cat with 6 baby kittens..

On 22/6/2008,I heard loud cries downstairs and I went down to look for the noise and I found a mother cat with her 6 baby kittens! Took them upstairs and put them in a big box.

I noticed the mother cat refused to feed her babies and her eyes,nose and mouth were running. She seemed in great pain! She then suddenly jumped out of the box and I noticed drops of blood on the floor,then I tried to catch her.She ran towards the balcony and I managed to grabbed her.It was horrifying to see that her stomach was ripped.It was a big wound! No wonder she's in pain!She refused to eat or drink,or feed her babies.

I didnt know what to do and I called my forum friends.Kak Wina was generous enough to help.She asked me to send the mother cat to the vet and willing to pay for the deposit 1st.(Thank god!)And the other forum friends,Kak Hate,Kak B and Fir were kind enough to help paying for the vet bills.We shared money to pay for the warding and medication bills.It was quite costly.

I hurriedly prepared them all in a huge carrier and brought them to the vet.The mother cat was admitted and the babies had 50-50 chance of survival:(
It was devastating! I took the babies home and had to bottle feed them for several days before I handed them over to my friend in Cheras to help me foster the babies since I am working.My friend is a student so she has time at home to feed the babies.However,the weak kittens didnt survive..all of them died because of serious lungs infection:'(

I took the mother cat home after three days in the ward and she's recovering very well...she's sooooo manjaa! and wants only me..she hates other cats in my home><
I will bring her for spaying tomorrow. She's so old and she only has 2 teeth! But she eats alot^^

The mother cat after I took her from the vet
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Her wounds..the nipples were torn!
Photobucket